1. At Florida Eye Care Associates, we have always kept your health information secure and confidential. A new law requires us to continue those practices, to give you this notice, and to follow its terms.
2. We may use or disclose your information for treatment, payment and health care operations. We may use and disclose medical information to contact and remind you of appointments. If you are not available, we may leave this information on an answering machine or in a message left with the person answering the phone. In an emergency, we may disclose your health information to a family member or another person responsible for your care. We may release some or all of your health information when required by law. We may disclose your health information as necessary to comply with workers compensation laws. If this practice is sold, your information will become the property of the new owner. Except as described above, this practice will not use or disclose your health information without your prior written authorization.
3. You may request in writing that we not use or disclose your health information as described above. We will inform you if your request can be fulfilled and reasonable fees may be charged for special accommodations. You have the right to inspect, amend, supplement, or retain copies of your health information within the limits of the Law. Your request must be in writing, a reasonable fee may be charged, and we will respond within the time allowed by Florida Law.
4. You have the right to receive a copy of this notice period. If information in this notice is changed, you will be informed in writing. Please contact our privacy officer, Dr. Antoine Copty if you have any questions or would like any further information. If you are not satisfied with the manner in which this office handles a complaint, you may submit a formal complaint to: Dept. Of Health And Human Services, office of civil rights, Hubert H. Humphrey Bldg., 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Room 509F HHH Building, Washington, D.C 20201.
5. When you create an account. When you create an account with us, you provide a name, email address, and password.
6. When you make a purchase or use our Services. If you make a purchase, we request information from you to facilitate the transaction and get you the goods. When you make a purchase, we ask you to provide payment information, which may include payment card information (such as credit card number, type, and expiration date), vision insurance plan information, billing address, and shipping address. Our payment processor, which is required by credit card issuers to meet specific security requirements, will collect, store, and process your credit card and other payment information on our behalf using industry-standard security measures. We do not store any payment card information.
7. Information from your doctor. Your doctor may share your prescription information with us in order for us to provide Services or complete your purchase.
8. Children’s Information
a. We are especially sensitive about children’s information. We do not knowingly allow individuals under the age of 18 to use Prescription Check and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor child, you may use our Services on behalf of such minor child. If you have questions concerning our information practices with respect to children, or if you believe a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, please email us at [email protected]mail.com
9. Not Intended for EU Residents; Information Stored in the United States
a. The Services are not intended for European Union (EU) residents. If you provide us with personal information, you understand that your information may be stored in the United States and other countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection as the EU. By using and accessing our Services, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer and processing of personal information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and acknowledge that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
10. Sale of Personal Information. Florida Eyecare Associates PA does not, and will not, sell information that directly identifies our customers such as their names, email addresses, phone numbers, or postal addresses. We do use marketing and advertising partners, however so that they can help us promote our Services. You can opt out of receiving certain targeted advertising as by sending us a email requesting to opt out to [email protected]
14. Cancelation Fee Terms:Each time a patient misses an appointment without providing proper notice, another patient is prevented from receiving care. Therefore, Eyes on Brickell reserves the right to charge a fee of $50.00 for all missed appointments (“no shows”) and appointments which, absent a compelling reason, are not cancelled with a 24-hour advance notice. “No Show” fees will be billed to the patient. This fee is not covered by insurance and must be paid prior to your next appointment. Multiple “no shows” in any 12-month period may result in termination from our practice. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we strive to best serve the needs of all our patients.
15. By making your appointment via Bookly online scheduling system above you agree to our no-show policy; A refundable $1.00 charged to your credit card to confirm hold your appointment.
16. Unencrypted Email communication policy I, understand and acknowledge that if I send or receive email to or from; Florida Eyecare Associates PA or its subsidiary’s; these exchanges are unencrypted. I consent to send and receive email from [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected] and acknowledge that such exchanges are acceptable to me as a means of communication and waive my right to encrypted communication.
17. I furthermore agree to unencrypted communicating via texts to Florida Eyecare Associates PA or Eyes on Brickell or its subsidiary; with 7868011335, 1-844-487-3937 or an assigned Google Voice number. I understand that if I do send and communicate a text, I implicitly and explicitly waive my rights to private and secure communications in each instance.