Symptoms, Causes and Treatments of Glaucoma Eye Diseaseingenious
Glaucoma is a common eye disease which is a leading cause of blindness. It is even more common among the elderly. There is a fluid at the back of your eyes, behind the iris that is responsible for sending signals to the brain. When a blockage occurs in this sequence, it badly affects the optic nerve leading to glaucoma or complete vision loss.
Symptoms of Glaucoma
It has usually no symptoms and also the loss of vision is so slow that it may be hardly noticeable. However, here are some warning signs indicating that you need to see a Brickell optometrist for thorough examination:
- Blurred Vision
- Dry or burning eyes
- Redness in the eye
- Pain in the eye
- Change in color of iris
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Double vision
Causes of Glaucoma
- The increased pressure in the eye is considered as the major cause of Glaucoma.
- Long working hours under improper lighting also affect your eyes or sometime results in loss of vision or complete blindness.
- Excessive use of medicines for treating various health conditions is a primary cause of Glaucoma.
- Eye strain also affects your eye condition badly, leading to glaucoma.
- Some other causes include poor eating habits, giddiness and allergies.
Treatments of Glaucoma
- Avoid caffeinated beverages such as tea and coffee.
- Consume fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Perform eye exercises.
- Use eye drops in combination with pills.
- Seek medical help.
Eyes On Brickell is a leading optical boutique in Miami that offers a diverse range of eye care services. If you are suffering from Glaucoma or any other eye disease, let our eye doctor Brickell help you.